Wednesday, January 6, 2010

At what age should you start using anti ageing/wrinkle cream?

I'm 34 and have always looked after my skin, I don't too many wrinkles at the moment but want to start some damage limition!! xAt what age should you start using anti ageing/wrinkle cream?
I cant believe that answer from Cheryl B!


what a cheeky cow!





anyway...


Thats funny you should ask that..I've just been looking at anti-wrinkle creams, I'm 31 %26amp; I'm just starting to get wrinkles by the eyes so I'm looking out for the best product now they are starting to appear I think around are age is about the right age...I was wondering if I started the anti wrinkle cream a few months ago would I have the wrinkles I' ve got now..lol'


all the best! ; )


or wait!....they're laughter lines! lolAt what age should you start using anti ageing/wrinkle cream?
The best advice is to use sunscreen every day or a light foundation that now almost always contains a sunscreen of at least factor 8. I'd look for one that is at least factor 15 though.





It's proven that most wrinkles occur because of sun damage not ageing.





That is why people living in hot sunny climates always have many more wrinkles than those who don't..





Also, you can see this sun damage in people when you compare skin that is regularly exposed to the sun ..for example not just the face but the neckline....compared to areas of the body that usually remain covered.





If you are going to be out in the sun for long periods of time wear a nice sun hat, with a wide brim to shade your face.
Babe, you should start at any age.


my daughter is 25 im 45 and looking at her a few months back I could see laughter lines appearing in excactly the same places as mine .


I KNOW WE SHOULDNT BE SO HAPPY :)


But I have advised ehr to start the younger the better.





hope this helps xxx
use any sort of cream every night, no cream can stop the wrinkles
I think that women are beautiful w and w/o wrinkles. It's part of aging, and I have always liked the natural look and think that your wrinkles are part of you and your personality. If you smile a lot and have laugh lines, no big deal, that just shows how fun of a person you are. Embrace your face, nobody is going to look at you and hate you because of a wrinkle.
lol at Cheryl by the way - how ugly must she be on the inside....





Anyway - I'm 33 (turning 34 in May). I use anti ageing creams but read recently that they do little more than moisturise your skin. The main thing you can do to limit damage is not to smoke, drink plenty of water and always use a SPF 15. Buy day moisturisers with SPF 15 in them and choose foundations that contain them too. Never sunbathe or sunbed and keep your skin well moisturised at night. I personally use the No. 7 day and night cream and my skin is very good. I get told I look 25 and even got asked for proof of age in a bar recently while with my 4 year old daughter and husband (god knows how old he thought I was when I got pregnant!!)
you have to find out if it works You inherit your skin from your parents look at them should give you some idea.
It doesn't matter...none of them work. The biggest ingredient in all 'anti-ageing' creams is water, (cunningly disguised as 'aqua')


The best thing you can do is, rather than spending a fortune on 'moisturiser' is buy fresh vegetables and fruit to eat, stop smoking, exercise regularly and don't drink too much alcohol. Therefore your skin will not 'suffer' too much. It is predisposed to sag and wrinkle due to your genetics and lifestyle...when you are 40 you'll look 'about 40', when you're 60 you'll look 'about 60'. when you're 80 you will not look like a 50 year old, irrespective of what type of cream you smear on your face...it's an enormous con.
It's never too early to start using anti ageing products. Scientists have actually said that the optimum time to start is in your mid twenties but I doubt any twenty year old would use them, so go ahead, you have nothing to lose, except for a few future wrinkles.
start now, prevention is always better than cure!
I'm 42 years old and I don't have a problem with wrinkles. I don't smoke or drink alcohol. I use plenty of sunscreen when I go to the beach and I haven't been to a tanning salon in several years. I also don't wear a lot of make-up. I use Noxzema skin cream instead of soap. I have tried other skin creams but found out Noxzema was best for my skin. Most people say I look like I'm in my early 30's. They're usually surprised when I tell them my real age.


My advice to you is if you smoke-stop or drink-stop. Stay out of the sun (or use lots of sunscreen), don't wear a lot of makeup, and try to find a skin/face cream that you like and stick with it. Most of all don't worry about having wrinkles (I heard that worrying a lot is the worst thing and causes lots of wrinkles.)


I'm sure you are a beautiful person and want to take the best care of your skin.
I have always looked after my skin too. I started to use anti aging in my early 40s. Apparently i dont look my age so i guess its worked looking after my skin.
i would start as soon as you find out about the stuff. if you start now you'll be young forever!
i am 55 and for most of my adult life i have not worn make up my skin is loverly not too many lines my friend also 55 has worn make up to work etc. with or with out it she lookes more lined than me i know its in your genes as well i have never used soap on my face either and this dries your face and ages it


you dont need expensive creams for anti aging


looking after your skin in a simple way will definately help
when you are old enough to start worrying about them
your worst enemy is the sun and if you start using an anti wrinklr cream with a SPF in it. it will do you more good than anything. you only have to look at ladies in middle age who have been in sun a lot and compare with someone who does not to see the differnence. and cheryl one day you will be older and you know what its nearer than you think,
Yes yuo can use face mask etc. Spartan
I don't think there is a certain age.I guess once you feel your skin is sliding south. Read up on whatever it is that you are going to try before using it.
Start now! I started at age 12, and i'm 34 now. Not a wrinkle, but I still smile and have facial expressions, so maintenance is important.
alas, another paranoid women, caused by the media!

No comments:

Post a Comment